Our belief is that beneath all the hype, Big Data simply brings new possibilities to the market that were previously too complex or expensive. With today’s Hadoop-based ecosystem, large-scale data storage, processing and analysis is economically possible - using commodity hardware and open source software.
YMC’s Big Data & Analytics team is well positioned to help customers already involved with, or considering Big Data technologies: From supporting or replacing an existing data warehouse system, to implementing a bespoke system, such as a recommendation engine. Our flexibility and range of services, from consultancy to system architecture and training, enable us to add value at multiple stages in a project.
Head of Big Data & Analytics
Tel. +41 (0)71 508 24 86
Are you looking for a Big Data or Hadoop expert, Hadoop training, or help with Big Data & Analytics?
The business drivers behind Big Data systems are typically focussed on minimising risk, increasing revenue, or improving decision making. Our Big Data & Analytics team offers the services necessary to achieve these goals.
- Software Evaluation
- Dimensioning, virtualisation, installation & operation
- ETL, data warehousing & BI
- Data mining, (text) analytics, machine learning & natural language processing
- Web Crawling
- Big Data Pipelines
- Cloudera Data Analyst Training
- Cloudera Administrator Training for Apache Hadoop
- Application and use of Hadoop and related tools
Hannibal is an open-source tool to help monitor and maintain HBase-Clusters that are configured for manual splitting. While HBase provides metrics to monitor overall cluster health via JMX or Ganglia, it lacks the ability to monitor single regions in an easy way. This information is essential when your cluster is configured for manual splits, especially when the data growth is not uniform. Hannibal tries to fill that gap by answering the following questions:
- How well are regions balanced over the cluster?
- How well are the regions split for each table?
- How do regions evolve over time?
Technology & Software
The YMC Big Data & Analytics team delivers the following expertise:
- MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Neo4J
Stream & Complex Event Processing
- Storm, Kafka, Esper, S4
Hadoop and Ecosystem
- HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, Zookeeper, Pig, Hive, Impala Oozie, Sqoop, Flume, HCatalog, Cascading, Crunch, Drill, Hannibal
Machine Learning & Data Mining
- Mahout (Collaborative Filtering, Clustering, Classification)
- Solr, SolrCloud, Elastic Search, Lucene
- Talend, Pentaho
- Java, C#.NET, R, Python
As a certified Cloudera training partner, we work with the leader in Apache Hadoop training and certification. YMC is the first authorized Cloudera training partner in the German-speaking region. We offer public, private, and virtual classroom training, together with free online resources to ensure data professionals have access to the most comprehensive selection of Hadoop learning materials. Our training courses are based on CDH, Cloudera’s 100% open-source distribution.
Register for the following courses and join the Hadoop movement!
YMC sponsors a number of initiatives in Switzerland, including a range of conference and community sponsorships.
Join the conversation, follow us on Twitter! @YMC_Big_Data